What Is SHARE?
SHARE stands for Self Help and Resource Exchange. It is a national network of non-profit organizations dedicated to:
- Providing quality monthly food packages at a reduced cost
- Promoting volunteer service in our communities
- Building partnerships with community organizations
SHARE is committed to supporting local community groups where all may participate, serve and lead with dignity.
Who Can Order SHARE?
SHARE is for everyone! There are no restricitons for participation.
About the Monthly Food Packages
- The cost of each standard (A) food package is $25
- There are no limits to the quantity purchased
- Packages are picked up once a month
A professional purchasing staff buys the food from growers, manufacturers and producers. SHARE Iowa is one of many affiliated programs coordinated nationally by World SHARE. World SHARE purchases over 12 million pounds of food each month without the use of state or federal funding. The food is trucked to each of the paricipating affiliate warehouses and distributed through a network of community host sites. Because of the bulk buying power and the volunteer distribution network, savings of up to 50% on nutritious foods are passed on to the participants.
Where Can I Order SHARE?
Dates for ordering and picking up SHARE in the following locations:
To contact a SHARE site in other areas or to receive information on starting a new site, call or write:
P.O. Box 328
Oskaloosa IA 52577